But those who wish to boast
should boast in this alone:
that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord
who demonstrates unfailing love
and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth,
and that I delight in these things.
I, the Lord, have spoken! (Jeremiah 9:24)
The Vineyard Pasadena Community is passionate about being assets in our local neighborhoods and workplaces as well as in some of the farthest places around the world. So we are involved in the community of Pasadena, the eastern part of Los Angeles, and the Middle East and Central Asia in a variety of ways
1. Partnering with World Relief Garden Grove to help resettle Syrian and Iraqi refugee families here in Southern California.
3. Partnering in Church Planting in the majority world. Each year we send out a team from the Vineyard Pasadena Community who provide training and equipping for local pastors in areas of the world where planting churches are illegal and persecuted.
5. Partnering with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship on the PCC (Pasadena Community College) campus who reach out to many students who are on the margins economically.
6. Partnering with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship on the ELAC (East Los Angeles College) campus.
7. Partnering with student and faculty ministries at Caltech who reach out to students and faculty. One of the projects that the Vineyard Pasadena Community is involved in is the Veritas Forum.
8. Intentionally fostering a multicultural community that encourages dialogue about race and culture so that we all can live in much more sensitive way with people of other cultures. We are building relationships with ethnic churches to expand our cultural horizons to make space for the wide varieties of minorities that make up the greater Los Angeles community.
9. Incarnationally living in the barrios East LA, reaching out to neighbors and building community with them.
10. Tutoring immigrant and undocumented Latino children in East LA.
We are in a continual process of exploring new ways that we can be signs and channels of the Kingdom of God to the broken and marginalized locally and globally.